The Syrian refugee crisis has brought out the best in Canadians. Led by an inspired…
Browsing: Atlantic Immigration Pilot
The new Atlantic Immigration Pilot, launched in March 2017, provides an innovative and quicker way for skilled immigrants and international student graduates to permanently live in Atlantic Canada. Designed to meet the needs of the labor market and provide a long-term solution for economic growth, this pilot actively involves employers and settlement service providers to assist applicants and their families to effectively integrate into their new lives in Canada. This enables applicants to come to Canada with a job offer and settlement plan already so they can stay in the region longer and help promote the growth of the economy.
MAJOR BENEFITS OF THIS PILOT INCLUDE:
- Enable priority processing at the Federal level (less than 6 months) and quicker access to a work permit while waiting for permanent residency;
- Give employees access to permanent intermediate skilled labor (i.e. seafood processing, truck drivers and community care assistants);
- Help employers hire international graduates right out of school;
- Hire international candidates without submitting a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) form; and
- Encourage employers and service provider organizations to work together on settlement and retention.