Starting February 1st 2016, you will no longer be able to order new Payment Receipt forms (IMM 5401) from CIC.
Canadian Financial Institutions will continue to accept the IMM 5401 Payment Receipt until March 31st 2016.
If you are in Canada and need to extend your Work Permit and renew your Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), submit a separate application for the new TRV to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa only after CIC has approved the extension of your Work Permit.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5556] (PDF, 211.23 KB) February 2015
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710] (PDF, 460.55 KB) October 2015
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 651.79 KB) April 2015
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 663.87 KB) September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5553]
Use this application if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada and you want to:
- extend your stay,
- change the conditions of your stay,
- change your type of temporary status or
- correct problems with your status.
It is important to apply before your current status expires.
New: There are two ways you can change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a student.
- Apply online.or
- Read your Instruction Guide and download your application forms.
- Fill out, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay the fees.
- Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.
Note: You can only get the student package from the CIC website.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team of immigration experts.